Pages

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Spring Cleaning!



Typically, "normal" people do this in, well, Spring.  But cookiers seem to work a season ahead at all times - Christmas cookies by Thanksgiving, Valentine's right after Christmas, 4th of July right around Memorial Day... if you are a die-hard cookier, you know it's true!  And since I was a little late on starting Christmas cookies, I'm all off kilter.  The holiday season, and all that comes with it, including everyone being home for almost 3 weeks (with sick kids to boot), Christmas decorations needing to be placed and then packed away, and school not starting until the second week of January, I have fallen way behind.  On everything.  And I can't work in a cluttered environment - I get my groove on when there are no distractions.  So I figured I would jump ahead a little bit and start my Spring cleaning now, so that I'm ready when Spring actually does arrive.  We're talking full-on assault: tear-the-house-apart, room-by-room (including kiddo room makeovers), closet-by-closet, cabinet-by-cabinet, fridge, freezer, baking supplies...  yep, even my baking supplies are getting the once-over.  With that said, I came across some brand new cute stuff that I want to give to some of you.  They are Valentine's themed, so just in time!  I didn't mention "giveaway" in the title 'cause it's a test to see who actually reads my blog they're nothing major, but they are majorly cute!

Just post a comment - say hi, wish me luck on my cleaning, tell me to get my butt in gear & post some cookies...whatever you like!  (don't get me wrong - I've done a bunch of cookies this month, just nothing particularly blog-worthy : )  But that's going to change as soon as I'm done, so help me out & take these cuties out of my house!)

There are 2 oven mitt & towel sets, a double pack of kitchen towels, and a set of 4 placemats.  Aren't they cute?  I just love cupcake-themed stuff : ). So 4 items to give away - just post a comment - winners will be chosen at random & posted on February 4th so I have enough time to get these to the winners in time for Valentine's Day : )


Good luck, & happy baking! 
(or cleaning... whatever makes you happy!)




20 comments:

  1. I read your blog! Cute set! If I tell you to get off your butt and post some cookies will you tell me to get off my butt and clean?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should be cleaning too, but instead I'm reading your blog. Love it, by the way. :-) Joni S. from Missouri.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of luck in completing your spring cleaning. Wish I could get in gear and start mine!
    plepoma@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always read your blog :) Often when I SHOULD be cleaning....does reading a blog TALKing about cleaning count? I hope so LOL...I think you are getting me more motivated though, so that's gotta be good right? As usual, love your blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always read your blog and follow it via email! I love to clean and organize, its very therapeutic! My sprinkles ,ribbons, and scrapbook paper are even arranged by color. I love the cute cupcake towels and oven mitts etc!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love reading your recipes! Good luck with the organizing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a follower too! Good for you on the cleaning!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lol, thanks for all the encouragement! Getting through it, but running out of time... My daughter's Confirmation is in 2 weeks so gotta get going on cookies & come up with a cake!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Michelle! LOVE your blog! You do fantastic work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Michelle. I feel like Spring Cleaning early too. Been going through the basement box by box. Not even sending stuff to Goodwill. Either garbage or burn barrel. Love the goodies. --katy from CRU

    ReplyDelete
  11. I read your blog regularly. I recently went thug my cutters and reorganized! Oh soooo much crafting and cookie stuff!
    Jackie Lee

    ReplyDelete
  12. I read your blog, too! We've been decluttering slowly since the fall. No need to rush these things. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks! Can't wait to finish the cleaning & get to creating! But, true, these things can't be rushed! Thanks for that, I feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice one Michelle! The two main things on my mind right now are making cookies and trashing out the whole house. I need more room for cookie stuff...again! Using 3 colors of removable round stickers to tag everything: red=trash, green=yard sale & yellow=move. I run around one room at a time and tag, then I have muscle power come in to haul it out or move it to the yard sale area or another location. No tag means leave it where it is. After the whole house is done, I'll go back and organize the keepers. In the meantime, I've got so many cookies to do! My house has lost hundreds of pounds this month. Congratualtions on your cleanout. I'm with you, January is the best time to start.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Barbara I LOVE the tagging idea! Since DH is the only "muscle" in the house I don't know if he would like it too much BUT I may just have to give it a try!!! (No "challenge" but YAY for our January home weight loss! Got a February goal? Lol!)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Michelle- agree with the need to purge but can't rid myself of any baking goods- maybe an electric tortilla maker? Ok- agree, I need to clean out too! Love the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've been spring cleaning all week. I've got company coming for Mardi Gras and what the heck...it already feels like spring in South Louisiana. Good luck with your cleaning too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks! I also have lots of "makers" I could do just fine without! Getting there, need to get there - busy few weeks coming up! Will be posting winners tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete